FriendshipFrameQuilters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

4 posters

Go down

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Empty Re: Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

Post  Lady of TeXas Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 pm

You are NEVER A PAIN, switching your hip pockets with a hickory switch if you say so again? Hear me?

This is my job as a host, you know? Help if I can? I don't always know myself?

Yes, on the slideshow, the px WILL show up as long as you load it to Webshots in this particular album.. I was so enthused I went up & announced your album on the main thread & mentioned that there.

cheers GOOD JOB!!!!

And thank you for your kind words!♥️
Lady of TeXas
Lady of TeXas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tagsmom Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

I understand what you mean about hateful on the block your information will help make it less so (I hope)

I finally got my slideshow started... but I somehow made two topics the first doesn't have the slideshow in it can you delete that for me.... (am being a pain today for some reason) Never mind I figured out how to do it....

Will I be able to add my last A block to that slide show??

Thanks for the help on the Bachelor block.... you really are a very sweet person

Last edited by Tagsmom on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : figured out how to delete the topic with the slideshow)
Tagsmom
Tagsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady of TeXas Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Here is my suggestion, Tags. Please , anyone feel free to join in this conversation!

1. Scant quarter inch: I am thinking we probably mean the same thing here but it is just BARELY (like a couple of threads or so)on the OUTSIDE of the drawn line...the one more near the cut edge of the seam, not the body of the piece.

2. I see no need to mark the seam allowances when you are piecing on the machine. You have some type of gauge that you use for piecing on the machine to make your quarter inch seam & that is what you draw the line for in hand piecing...the line is to gauge your seam allowance. In this case, piecing quilts means a quarter inch seam.

3.The reverse(wrong side) just means flipping over the template. You already have that correct, always a good thing to be ahead of the game in being correct. tee hee Smile

4. My suggestions is that you piece as near as you can to 1/4 of the block & get a rough measurement of 3 1/4" ---which is what a quarter of the 6 1/2 " block is. It is just kind of checking yourself as you go?

I found this block to be a bit hateful. Not difficult, just hateful & with an attitude, if you understand my direction of thought. (Possibly me with an attitude & being hateful? Nahhhhh!!)
Piece carefully, YOU will do fine because YOU are a good "stitcher".

If this is not quite what you meant, ask again & I will do my best to go another direction. ((huggies))
Lady of TeXas
Lady of TeXas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tagsmom Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 am

Before I start the bachelor's Puzzle I was wondering if those of you who have already done it would have any advice? I haven't done much piecing using templates. I have copied that page on cardstock and cut the piece out. I see on the instructions I should cut some pieces from the "wrong" side of the template is that correct? Even though I am machine pieceing should I mark the seams? When you do a scant 1/4" do you sew just inside the drawn line?
Tagsmom
Tagsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyOR Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 pm

I think cutting the sashing ahead is great - that way as you make the rows, you can put them together. It makes it feel like a real accomplishment vs. having all those squares sitting around in a stack! I remember how that felt with my DJ! Once I started putting rows together, I really felt good about what I had done and how it was beginning to look!

Yes, LT, there is a word "yardage." I use it often!

The baggie idea is a great one too - I do that with all my quilts that I precut pieces for, even if it's just sashings. I just write the size on the plastic bag on the outside so I don't get them mixed up. And I've been known to cross that out when I'm done and use it again for something else! I try not to waste anything!

I'm thinking of getting started before too long. I need to finish the 135 siggy blocks from the other board first. Then I'll be good and ready to go!
xoox Judy
JudyOR
JudyOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady of TeXas Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Sorry, had a phone call & got interrupted!

I would also suggest that perhaps you could get baggies (or whatever) & label them as to the appropriate sizes & put each section of sizes in separate bags. This will make them much easier to use & know what you need as you need it. No danger of getting them mixed.

I would also suggest you check them off the directions as you do them. That will eliminate you repeating them as you cut them accidentally.

It is a big pain to do this but you will be glad to have it already done!
Lady of TeXas
Lady of TeXas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady of TeXas Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:50 pm

FROM TAGS (I have moved her question on down here:)
Now Lady T where am I supposed to ask questions? The question is should I or did you cut the sashing strip's listed on general directions (page 78) before you started on the blocks?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHUT? You read directions? Shocked Good Grief, Child! I might oughta do that? Smile
Seriously, yes!! If I had the specified yardage (is that a word? yardage?) and you did buy that yardage, I would most definitely follow the directions & do the sashing strips first. You can perhaps fudge here & there or even piece scraps if need be to make blocks but the sashing is the strength of your blocks. Literally!

I did not cut mine first since I have a bolt of this fabric I am using for background, to actually finish answering what you ask.
Lady of TeXas
Lady of TeXas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Empty Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

Post  Admin Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm

"Sylvia's Bridal Sampler"
The Friendship Frame Quilter's Forum is excited to begin the sampler pictured below. This will be a a group effort to make our own individual Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. The patterns are taken from the book of "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" by Jennifer Chiaverini ~OR~ from the patterns that were available at one time on the internet.

Host: Lady T
Co-Host: Krafty Lady

THE RULES:
Not too many rules for this group effort. You can use what ever fabric you choose to use, this is a good stash user as some pieces are quite small.

We should make very effort to make at least 2 blocks per week.More is OK too, but a minimum of 2 blocks per week will be expected.
The blocks will be made as rows in alphabetical order. (IE: A-1, A-2, A-3, etc)

OFFICIALLY, Sylvia will kick off on the 1st day of June. You can begin any time & some of us have already begun, including me.

By June 8, you should have at least 2 blocks made.
By June 15, you should have at least 4 blocks done.
By June 22, you should have at least 6 blocks done.
By June 29, you should have at least 8 blocks done.

Please set up a Webshot site (it is free) & either post a link back to it ~~OR~~ post the px here from Webshots when you complete a block. Sharing block px makes this a lot more fun for everyone.

Have a tip? Please post it, we probably all could use your ideas.

Participants include:
Grampat
Krafty Lady
Tags
Jackie
Nana
Maureen
SewnSew
Karen
Snaggs
Judy
Grannie
Lady T

****PLEASE NOTE****
There are some errors in this book, brought to our attention by Tags.

A link to the corrections can be found in the front of the book: www.ctpub.com

*OR* here is a direct link:
http://www.ctpub.com/client/client_pages/errata/10686.cfm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of the patterns are shown here. Click on BLOCKS & the rows will display for you.
http://www.sylviasbridalsampler.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler 2851229120095817111S425x425Q85

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 09, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://friendshipframequilt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content